Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Ramble and 5

Well this will be a big weekend. I am conducting my first interview today! I am fairly unprepared, Google has majorly failed me in my attempts at research. I don't even know her last name. The old Brittany would be having a cow, a panic attack, a minor stroke. But not today. Today I am confident that it will go well, I am confident in my ability to observe, take in, then rework and spit out through my keyboard. That is thanks, in part, to you. It took me about a month to actually start this blog, not because I didn't have anything to say, but because I needed to overcome my fear that no one would read it. However, thanks to blogger's view tracking system (which is so easy even I can use it) I know you are reading! In Russia, even! This is very exciting to me and I sincerely thank you! Also don't worry, I'm not going to hack into your computer or anything. I can still barely figure out Twitter.

Anyway back to business (jeez, get over yourself). Interview this afternoon, then covering my first event on Saturday night. By the way, I'm an unofficially offical intern at the ModernSocialite online magazine (www.modernsocialite.com). Thinking seriously about getting a small fedora, so I can put a little ballot that says 'PRESS' on it, but fedora's have never really suited me. And now that I think of it, I am writing for them because of this blog! See what can happen when you get over your fear of rejection? [insert corny inspirational phrase here].

Also this weekend I will be visited by 3 ghosts...and by 3 I mean 1 and by ghosts I mean childhood friend. Feeling a little off the rails today. Anyhoo, my tall ginger friend, who I first met in pre-school, is coming to visit me for the first time since I have moved to Cowtown (Calgary). I sometimes feel stressed at such occassions, I don't know who to be, Small-Town Me or City-Me. However, City-Me is kind of an idiot ("I can get us guest list wherever you want, just let me know" which, by the way, is a lie) and I don't really feel like that person anymore. I will simply by Myself, and I am interested to see what my friend's perception of that will be. More to come on this topic.

Oh by the way, last weekend was not as much fun and frolick as I had anticipated. It was more give-a-drunk-girl-at-the-bar-a-pep-talk-while-petting-her-head, then climb-up-a-willow-tree and later fall-asleep-mid-bite-of-Thai Thai. I'm getting old and weird(er). And now, HI-5!





No comments:

Post a Comment