Friday, July 27, 2012

Dreams, Visions and the Friday Hi-5

Lately I've been having trouble sleeping. I wake up in the middle of the night, confused about where I am (my room), who I am with (my teddy bear), what's going on (nothing, it's 3AM)...I usually check the time and realize I should still be sleeping, so I get back to it and wake up hesitantly with my alarm. My dreams (when I remember them) are varied and intense. Some include the cast of 'The L Word', in which we are all best friends. Some involve me getting evicted by my roomies for strange things like not sweeping enough. Some have trap doors and moving walls, and I'm being monitored on a giant security system. Seriously. But, I haven't had any dreams about axe murdering anyone (in self defense, of course) in a while so I suppose that is good.

I can't put my finger on any one thing that would be upsetting my sleep cycles. I feel it's more of a 'season of change' kind of thing. There are definitely large shifts happening in my life. You may not be able to tell from observing me through binoculars, it's more of an internal thing. A change in perspective. I can say that for once in my life this shift is not scaring me. I mean, change is always a little scary. But it seems like I've miraculously found my back bone again and I am stepping up as the master of my own universe and all that jazz.

In celebration of this, I'm going to have a funtastic weekend packed full of mad dancing, delicious food, great company and hair feathers. Follow me on Twitter @FrittanyAlexis for a play-by-play. And for now, enjoy the following pictures, brought to you by the interweb and the letter B:




No comments:

Post a Comment