Friday, July 20, 2012

First Date Tips + Friday Hi-5

I think of myself as generally sane, but looking back over some of the events in my life, I have found a lot of evidence to the contrary. Mostly in romantic situations. What comes to mind lately is The First Date. These are definitely some things you should either completely avoid saying, OR try to get out in the open as soon as you can. And these are all things that I have said.

‘Oh - you’re cute! I couldn’t remember for sure...’
‘have you ever wondered if you were gay?’
‘I swear I’m not racist’
‘I don’t really like Mexicans’
‘are you afraid of being old and alone?’
‘are you an alcoholic?’
‘I just really love my Dad. No, I’m not crying!’
‘what are your bad habits?’
‘this is going to sound weird, but please don’t fall in love with me’
‘if we get into an accident on the way and I get maimed you will have to marry me’
‘well, I’m divorced so...’

Also I usually find a way to bring up the fact that I was a Christian-virgin-band-geek in high school, and I try to make a casual drug-use reference to see how they will react. I am truly amazed that I have been able to have any sort of second date, let alone a couple boyfriends.

Being officially single and independent has been less painful than I had feared. Re-reading some of my previous blog entries I can see that I have been preparing myself for a while. Now if I can manage to keep Single Frittany reined in, I think I will have a very pleasant weekend. Climbing a mountain at 7:30AM on a Saturday should help with that. Follow me on twitter @FrittanyAlexis to be a part of the adventure! Also, my pics of the week:






Bonus Snippet from www.failbook.com :

No comments:

Post a Comment