Friday, November 23, 2012

Fry-Day Hi 5

Let me just say...starting off my day with an almost uncomfortably delicious hot chocolate, which I am pretty sure they added some crack to in order to get me hooked, was probably not the best plan. I was on a bright bubbly sugar high for most of the morning. But after a walk and a sandwich at lunch, I am crashing and my plans to go out tonight are looking a lot less tempting than going home to my sweatpants. Lately I have been accused of actually being 85, instead of only almost 25.

Almost 25...I met up with an old friend at lunch today before she had to fly back home, someone I hadn't seen in about 5 years. I was talking about how I was unsatisfied with life here, that I wanted to move off to a commune (you know, that old chestnut) and she just laughed and said "oh I miss you, Brittany." So I can safely assume that I have always been this way, I've just been trying to trick myself into fitting in with everyone else. It was nice to know I'm not a complete mystery, and it was even nicer to catch up with her, even if we only had enough time to share the highlight reels of the past few years.

It seems I'm always being reminded of how important it is to spend time with people we care about while we can. Who knows when you will get another opportunity. Who knows when something will change, and that moment in time will be gone. And it seems I've unknowingly given myself a pep talk about going out tonight and will not go straight home to my new bf, a tub of Cookies n' Cream ice cream. Hurrah! Happy Weekend and now, the fab 5:







No comments:

Post a Comment