Friday, June 29, 2012

I Know A Lot of Stuff About Things + Weekly Hi5

I have been awfully quiet this week, I know. Shame on me. But here we are, together again! I have a few posts I've been working on, but I don't know which one to post, if any. I'm pretty sure 90% of my readers are people who actually know me, so it's hard to decide how honest to be...yeah yeah yeah, I started this blog to put myself out there, to bare my artistic soul and all that. But still some things are in the past and even though they have made me who I am (amazing), they may affect how people see me now. Essentially I am afraid. There, I said it! Are you happy now? ARE YOU?!?

I can say that my performance that I was concerned about last Friday went swimmingly well! My inspiration came from a particularly terrible relationship I was in up until a little over a year ago. He was a very angry and a very smart person. I allowed myself to be manipulated, always hoping against hope it would get better, that I could be better. But I could never quite get there. Until I realized I was not the problem, some people just aren't good together and that was us. For a long time I carried our baggage, held on to the guilt and misconception of not being good enough. I have come a long way since then and Friday was the final piece. The raw expression of my pain and fear, my courage and strength. It was the first performance I have ever done that was so honest and I came away from it on a huge high. To be able to communicate in a non-verbal way with such a varied audience is something I may now be addicted to.

The only thing I can think to close this with is if you, today, right now, are carrying unneccessary baggage and hurt from past experiences, do anything and everything you can to let them go. It's scary. It's difficult. It's uncomfortable. You may need to confront someone, or maybe find a friend to talk to, or simply spend some time by yourself dealing with that thing you've been trying not to deal with. But I promise the rewards are great. For a long time the screen on my phone had these words "You're awesome. Start fucking acting like it." I've finally started, and I feel so light.

And now enough of that emotional rambling! Here's some hilarious pictures - Happy Weekend!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment