Wednesday, October 17, 2012

On The Plus Side, My Fingers Aren't Fat Anymore

So I am back from the other side of the world. Back at my job, back at my house, back to real life. It's not fantastic. I mean, I missed my roomies and I'm happy to be back to my full selection of clothing (I really need to learn how to pack like a reasonable person). But generally...I'm not pumped. However, I have come to learn that this is normal, according to Wikipedia: "A person may suffer from Post Vacation Blues after returning home or to a normal routine from a long vacation, especially if it was a pleasurable one...Post vacation blues may result in tiredness, loss of appetite, strong feelings of nostalgia, and in some cases, depressionJet lag may intensify the post vacation blues." Seems simple enough, and it makes me feel better for laying around the house in my sweat pants for the past 3 days, eating Nutella on animal crackers and crying intermittently. 

But it's time to pull up my socks! Or, more appropriately, my stockings. It's officially autumn here in Calgary, which means no more bare legs. I somewhat-happily donned my leather pirate-chic coat with fur collar this morning, and pulled my woolen leopard print mittens out of storage. I hope I can wear my vintage mink coat this winter, as last year it didn't get cold enough. Before you start thinking 'Cruella DeVille' let me just stop you and say...you know, I actually have no supporting argument. I love fur. Sorry. (I'm not really sorry). 

So this is what it has come to, counting on my love of animal skins to pull me out of PVB. Well, there are worse things. Probably. And on the plus side, my hands aren't swollen from the change in air pressure or whatever happened there. Tonight, we zumba!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment